Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Well my airbag light is not coming on so the scanner send

Customer Question

Well my airbag light is not coming on so the scanner send this code B1318 and B1869 so I pull out the cluster to check the bulb but is a led bulb I think and Am not sure is the bulb is the problem
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 Ford F-150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: You know everything is fine except for the light is not coming on and I need to fix that because the state patrol inspection for vehicles they said you need the light work
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Can you do these tests https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/icab.pdf to see if in fact a replacement instrument cluster is needed?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello one question where is located the RCM C310a in my 2005 Ford F-150
Am going to follow like the link you send the step for B4 because the light is off is not working but to let you know I pull the cluster off and then I tapped a little and put it back and work for about 4 times acting normal and the I see the light Cain like blink a little and the go off again so I don't know is maybe a loose connection and also I take my truck to do the detail and they use steam I guess but I am not sure if the light work before because I just buy the truck 1 week ago and I replace the bumper because look like they hit something in the left side corner front so am not sure is that affected the light sorry is maybe too many things so can you tell me what did you think please thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I send the wrong step the one I say is B2

The RCM is on the floor above the transmission tunnel below the dash.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris