Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Right now nothing I already resibe my answer where was the

Customer Question

right now nothing I already resibe my answer where was the wiper control module thanks a lot I was looking for it some were else but finly I got my answer
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: the fuses are good so are the relays I just have one more question when I change the wiper control module does eny thing have to be programed or do I have to use the scanner
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: ford f150 XL 2001
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I check the fuses I check the relays I check the continuity in the knob of the multi function switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just want to know when I change wiper control module does anything have to be programed or do I have to use a scanner
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

I assume your calling the GEM module the wiper module since that is the only module used by the wiper system. A new GEM module replacement installed does require a dealer equivalent diagnostic tool to program it.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One of the things I ask is can I do it using a scanner because I am planning to get a scanner

I do not understand why you rated me as a poor tech for providing just what you asked for.