Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2011 F250 passenger front TS is not working,

Customer Question

I have a 2011 F250 passenger front TS is not working, parking light works fine, so not the ground, cut off the light socket, absolutely no power on the blinker wire. I traced the yellow/purple wire back to the main wiring harness and it looks fine.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ran a jumper wire from the RH fuse to the blinker wire and it works. So is there a bad relay somewhere?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

The concern is the right front blinker not working, correct?

I ask because you said (TS)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is the right front turn signal. When we ran a jumper wire from the fuse directly to the turn signal wire the bulb lights up real bright, but does not blink.

Use the diagrams below to check for pulsing power from pin 7 yellow/violet wire at the BCM while probing the wire at the back of the connector on the BCM. If there is no power there with the right turn on then the BCM has failed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/RFturn1.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/RFturn2.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/RFturn3.png

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where is this BCM located at?

The BCM is the fuse box inside the cab where you test a wire from the turn signal fuse to the turn signal bulb.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh ok, I just checked, there was a recall for defective BCM for the 2011 F250

The recall is for a BCM update via scan tool. The update will not address this concern or at least I have never seen it do so on the hundreds of updates I have done for this recall.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does a Ford dealer have to replace a BCM?

Programming is required when it is replaced. A dealer equivalent tool is needed.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris