Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

My advance track, brake light and decent light came on and

Customer Question

my advance track, brake light and hill decent light came on and it wont go into gear. 2015 f250 6.2
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: was working fine, fluid full. ran with no lights on when I brought it in
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i was installing a sander on the back. just put a power and negative on the battery and ran the harness into the cab and to the back of the bed. pos and neg are the only connections done to the truck
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just how to rest them
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** by charging the battery. Once you recharge it try starting it again and see if everything functions. Because of the work you did it would have drained the battery and this lack if voltage will causes these systems to not work right. If that does not help then it may be an issue with a blown fuse from having the sander installed. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As it turns out it was the brake switch under the dash. Seeing it was new year's Eve and no one except dealers(who won't be open till Tuesday)had the part I removed the switch, took it apart, rebuilt it best I could and got it working.