Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Lol..Son in laws 2002 ford tarus has a rough idle and

Customer Question

lol..Son in laws 2002 ford tarus has a rough idle and dies..I found a hose about 3/4 inch in diamater on back of engine going into the air intake..is it a vacume line?? it is a 90 degree bend...
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: consistent with the hose off...when on, it smooths out just fine..trying to find out what the name of it is so we can get another
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: standing in front of engine...straight back on back top of engine to left about 6 inches is a rubber 90 degree hose that slips on to what we think is the intake...its like a major vacum leak
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just what the heck it is...lol
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 3 months ago.

It is definitely a vacuum line. and you maybe be able to repair it with a vacuum tee connector and another piece of vacuum line if it's broken, Is there any way you can take a picture of it and upload it via the paper clip icon on this chat window screen? Is the engine a 3.0 or 3.8L? thank you.