A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I am the guy with the 2014 Explorer, with the no start

Customer Question

I am the guy with the 2014 Explorer , with the no start problem . I am currently waiting for a new BCM ( had to order one, I decided to go with a brand new one instead of a used one) . However yesterday I was going to push the vehicle aside , and when I attempted to start, it started right up. The car ran fine yesterday , It didn't give me any cranking issue. Now this morning I go to start it again , and it doesn't want to start, The starting problem came back. The instrument cluster is displaying a message saying Starting System Fault. and the same code B10D9-87 came back. Do you think its still a BCM Issue ??
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 3 months ago.

Yes. Since you have 2 keys, and you have already changed the PATS transceiver around the ignition key cylinder, and the pin point test lead you to the BCM, and now the same code has come back. The BCM is a module, and it can intermittently fail internally. But check the wiring connectors to the BCM. Make sure they are all fully seated.