Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I have a 2010 ford fusion with 4 cyl engine, i have a water

Customer Question

i have a 2010 ford fusion with 4 cyl engine, i have a water leak in the floor, passenger side, how can i clean the a/c duct? where is located?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

Ok, the drain exits out the passenger side of the firewall in the engine compartment, about 6-8" below the ac and heater hoses - see attached.

Ideally, you want to use compressed air to blow it out. Some people use a coathanger to poke thru it but if you are not careful you can poke a hole in the ac evaporator.

You will see a grommet around the drain exit. check to see if any has torn and is clogging the drain exit. For my customers, I use a rubber 5/8" 90 degree elbow and silicone at the drain exit on the drain tube to prevent the grommet from obstructing the flow

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello, the acces to that pipe is from inside of the cabin or in the engine compartiment?
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

As I previously stated, the drain is on the passenger side of the firewall in the Engine compartment, about 6-8" below the ac and heater hoses. That means that it is accessed in the engine compartment

Please note that continued poor accept rate now leads to experts ignoring future questions you may post as they realize that they will not be paid for their time or services. Thank you

Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

At this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

Please note that continued poor accept rate now leads to experts ignoring future questions you may post as they realize that they will not be paid for their time or services and you will be reported for abuse of the system. Thank you