Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

2010 ford fusion with the 4 cyl engine. in drive or reverse

Customer Question

2010 ford fusion with the 4 cyl engine. in drive or reverse position, i have a small vibration with noise but in neutral or parking dissapears. i have been told is the engine mount. which one is? can i replace it for myself? is easy?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- that is correct on the engine mounts causing the issue .

,under load (like in gears other than park or neutral) it will cause that vibration

2-these are the mounts part # & labor times in you car ,you have to check which one is bad ,one is 1.1 hr ,2.1 and 3.1 hour to replace depends which one you have that is bad .

3- engine mount steps removal, please click on link to view the diagrams

Engine Mount

Zoom and Print Options

Zoom and Print Options

Zoom and Print Options

Removal and Installation

1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Vehicle Jacking and Lifting.

2. Release the fuel system pressure. For additional information, refer to Fuel Delivery and Air Induction.

3. Remove the engine coolant degas bottle. For additional information, refer to Cooling System &/or Engine Block Heater.

4. Remove the lower intake manifold. For additional information, refer to Lower Intake Manifold See: Engine > Removal and Replacement > Lower Intake Manifold.

5. Remove the bolt and position aside the ground wire.
- To install, tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).

6. Remove the bolt and damper.
- To install, tighten to 23 Nm (17 lb-ft).

7. Remove the engine support insulator bracket bolt.
- To install, tighten to 115 Nm (85 lb-ft).

8. Install the Engine Support Bar, Universal Adapter Brackets and a suitable piece of chain.

1. Position the 2 Universal Adapter Brackets on top of the cylinder block.

2. Install 2 M8 x 1.25 x 36 mm (1.41 in) bolts and tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).

3. Use a suitable piece of chain.

4. Fasten the chain to the 2 Universal Adapter Brackets with a suitable nut, washer and bolt.

Zoom and Print Options

9. Using the Engine Support Bar, lift the engine 12 mm (0.47 in).

Zoom and Print Options

10. Remove the 3 nuts and the engine support insulator bracket.
- To install, tighten to 63 Nm (46 lb-ft).

11. Remove the nut, 2 bolts and the engine mount.
- To install, tighten to 55 Nm (41 lb-ft).

12. NOTE: If the engine mount bracket is to be removed, the engine must be lowered to avoid contact between the A/C tubes and the engine mount bracket.

Use the Engine Support Bar to lower the engine 25 mm (0.98 in).

- Remove the engine mount bracket.

13. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Powertrain/Drivetrain Mount Neutralizing NOTE: Refer to the appropriate system and procedure for special instructions on loosening and tightening mount fasteners. 1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Vehicle Jacking and Lifting. 2. Loosen, but do not remove, the powertrain/drivetrain mount fasteners. 3. Lower the vehicle. 4. NOTICE: Do not twist or strain the powertrain/drivetrain mounts or damage to the mounts may occur. Start the vehicle and move it in forward 0.6-1.2 m (2-4 ft). Then move the vehicle in reverse the same distance. 5. Raise and support the vehicle. 6. Tighten the powertrain/drivetrain mount fasteners. 7. Lower the vehicle. 8. Test the system for normal operation.

Parts Information

OEM Part #Price

Engine Mount

Strut

9E5Z6068D$66.98

Trans Mount

8H6Z6038A$118.97

Mount

9E5Z6038F$111.00

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace Mount

Front

B0.81.1

Upper

B0.03.0

Replace Trans Mount

B0.02.1

© 2016 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13830)

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat