Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 97 f150 xlt that the blower motor will not shut off

Customer Question

i have a 97 f150 xlt that the blower motor will not shut off when i turn the key off
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: no steering wheel locks up and i changed the lock tube and it did nothing
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and thats about it i just pulled the fuse for the blower and im currently waiting to see if the battery still dies
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it has a marine battery in it from the previous owner if that would make any difference
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Have you been getting some wet weather where the truck is parked?