Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have an 2006 F-350 6.0 that ran fine the previous two

Customer Question

I have an 2006 F-350 6.0 that ran fine the previous two years I've owned it. It has about 236K miles now. This has been going on for a year now, it's not a daily driver so I'm lucky. The first time I had a problem the truck it wouldn't start after driving it for 30 minutes or warming up. I had an O ring on the back side of the engine replaced as well as an O ring on the injectors that was causing a pressure issue and no start. The truck was running fine I was going to use it and got it out of the garage and fired it up..I left it idling for about 20 minutes went in the house when I came back out it died wouldn't start at all. I put 5 gal. fuel in it as it was on 1/4 tank. No start. Gave it a small snort of start fluid and it started ran about three minutes I drop it into gear as soon as the gear connected it died. any ideas
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Doesn't start at all
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My family was in the auto parts and machine shop business for 40 years we move into other business in 1976. I have a decent knowledge about a lot of different issues with all kinds of engines but have not been involved in these repairs. Relying on mechanic recommended by a friend. I have had the fan clutch assembly replaced twice, A/C compressor and all the goodies replaced a month before the problem started.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey How are you

1- have you checked the fuel filter housing for any leaks.

2- The fuel injector lift pump is an issue with them .

3- the fact you are spraying ether and it helps it ,I would want to go back and check the rest my injector o-ring

4- has been really cold ,does it sit outside ,are the glow plugs even been replaced ,is the wait to start light stays on for few minutes and go away when you switch from OFF To ON and then you start it

5- have you had scanned with a ford scanner or equivalent and retrieve any fault codes?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat