Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 6.4 p0wer stroke (2008). It has 110,000 mi Do I

Customer Question

I have a 6.4 p0wer stroke (2008). It has 110,000 mi Do I need to worry about the exhaust emission controls? I just bought this truck and it came from Canada and I was told that the modules on the exhaust had been removed. How can I tell if this was done. I know that it sounds different?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Mechanic will figure it out. How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: There it 110,000 on the truck and runs perfect and get about 20 to24 mpg.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Ford F350 2008
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not fixing nothing, I read that the exhaust modules cause a problem by getting diesel fuel in the oil causing the lower end to g bad
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. You can check to see if the exhaust DPF system has been removed. There are 3 sensors in the exhaust pipe under the truck. If there are no sensors and you have just a straight pipe then the DPF system has been deleted. You can attach pictures here and upload them if you want to.