Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2005 6.0 power stroke has a tapping sound. It's not the

Customer Question

2005 6.0 power stroke has a tapping sound. It's not the water pump, serpentinebelt tensioner pulley, a/c, power steering pump. The engine runs fine, it starts with no problem. I have no idoit lights, no loss of compression, just a tapping sound at each rotation.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Have you ran it briefly with the belt off?

Where on the engine does this seem most prominent front, rear, driver, passenger side, top, or bottom?

Does the noise change at all when in park not moving to reverse then drive still while not moving?

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris