david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

I have a 2011 F-150. I didn't get an owner's manual with my

Customer Question

I have a 2011 F-150. I didn't get an owner's manual with my purchase. Irecently had the oil change and gauge indicator says "Oil change required." is there a reset button that was supposed to be pushed with the oil change? Also flashing across the screen is "Tire pressure sensor fault." Is there a reset on this issue.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: 1st of October.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked oil (full) gauge shows no loss of pressure. Checked pressure in tires, down a little, but not much. Aired them up to 38psi.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 9 days ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site.

o restoring oil life on 2011-2015 Ford F-150, conform to the following instructions:

• Turn the ignition to the “on” position, but do not start the engine.
  • Use the directional pad on the steering wheel and scroll through the settings area under the heading menu
  • Go to Settings > Vehicle > Oil Life Reset
  • Push and hold OK until it resets to 100%
  • Turn off the ignition and then restart the engine

How to Reset Tire Pressure TPMS Light on 2010-2016 Ford F-Series:

To turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 Ford F-150, follow these steps:

• Drive the vehicle above 20 mph (32 km/h) for at least two minutes and then stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
  • Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
  • Turn the hazard flashers on then off 3 times within 10 seconds.
  • If the reset mode has been entered successfully, the horn will sound once.
  • Decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
  • After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 5.
  • Next, proceed as in step 5 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
  • After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, training is completed and and a message is shown in the information display.Turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. its the only way that i get credit for my help. thanks and have a great week.