david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

Its a 2013 for fusion hybrid that I lost power steering

its a 2013 for fusion hybrid that I lost power steering completely driving down the road
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: totally gone
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just happened last night I saw on the internet a recall for up to 2012 ;s for the same thing but not sure if this is part of that it said either programming or an electrical connection was the fix
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not realy
  • Ford is recalling 23 2013 Ford Fusions for a steering gear problem that could result in impaired steering or loss of steering control.
  • The recall starts today and is one of three Ford recalls for 2013 models.
  • Ford dealers will replace the steering gear in the Ford Fusions.

Hi Im David, call your dealer about this

DEARBORN, Michigan — Ford is recalling 23 2013 Ford Fusions for a steering gear problem that could result in impaired steering or loss of steering control, according to the automaker.

"(The) steering gears may have been built without an internal retaining clip, which could result in impaired steering, including the loss of steering control, potentially increasing the risk of a crash," wrote Kelli Felker, a Ford spokeswoman, in response to an Edmunds query.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Called dealer. Has no idea what I'm talking about car has same symptoms of 2012 steering recall
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Not gonna call for another 26.00 fee to talk to someone will call recall center thanks anyway

i didnt offer the call. the site does that automatically. sorry.

I dont know where you got your information from but the recall is up to the 2013 model year.

Ford announced today that it will recall 422,814 model year 2011 to 2013 Fusion, Flex and Lincoln MKS and MKT, model year 2011 to 2012 Lincoln MKZ and 2011 Mercury Milan vehicles for a possible electrical issue that can lead to steering difficulties.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No problem

the recall center should be able to set you up to have you take the vehicle in and in turn get a loaner vehicle while yours is getting fixed.

please accept the answer and leave me a 5 star rating if you are satisfied with my assistance. its the only way that i get credit for my help. thank you and have a great week.

if you werent satisfied with my assistance, please let me know what else i can do for you, thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your help

you're welcome