Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2007 crown vic (police interceptor) and maybe because it was

Customer Question

2007 crown vic (police interceptor) and maybe because it was a police car the horn is not working? Regardless, I need to know what to do to get my horn working. I can press the pad and hear a click, i don't know where to go from there.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 13 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

The click is it from the fuse box or from within the steering wheel?

Does the cruise control work?

Does the horn work with the panic button on the fob pressed?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
click is on the steering wheel. there is no cruise control. no key fob.

If you remove the horn relay under the hood are there 2 pins which have battery voltage?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Where is this relay?

It is in the fuse box under the hood. Do you have a owners manual showing where all fuses and relays are?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No I do not
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok that big fuse is clicking when pressing the horn.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 days ago.

Thanks,

Since the relay is clicking can you remove the relay and confirm 2 pins are powered there? If so then we need to move onto checking the horns by hot wiring power to them.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I replaced it with another good fuse, same thing- clicks but nothing
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 days ago.

I never said to remove or replace a fuse. Are you sure your responding to the correct post, I see you have 3 open posts.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I meant relay...
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I meant relay....

Thanks, ***** ***** do the steps I mentioned to do with the relay removed and checking for power to the horns?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok i used my light yes there is power in 2 slots
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Great, can you unplug the horns and see if that wire is powered from the relay when you press the horn. If it is then the horns are bad or not grounded good. If there is no power then they have cut the wire somewhere.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry busy weekend I'll check it out at the beginning of this next week for sure
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for the update