sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Bought the special tool for the ford fittings. Not able to

Customer Question

Bought the special tool for the ford fittings. Not able to disconnect.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this for the fuel lines that you are trying to disconnect here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi I am trying to disconnect the transmission cooler lines. Have the tool for the transmission line, its not the tool for the fuel line. Tried over and over but line won't come out of fitting, both with fitting connected and removed from radiator.
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Try this if this has not been done already, try blowing out around the fitting with compressed air then press in on the line at the same time you are using the tool and jiggling the tool to then see if it releases.This can be a pain to do in some cases as you see here but usually this method here works best and may take some pushing in and out to release the lines.If this is or was tried and does not work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Not working. Sprayed air about 60 psi around fitting pressed in tool and line shook line vigorously with pulling on line, but to no avail. Line remains.
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Unfortunately this is the only info I show on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

This happens to me often. I usually just reuse the fittings. I remove the fittings from the new radiator one at a time and transfer over the new orings to the old fittings. You want to remove one at a time so the cooler doesn't fall down into the tank.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Already thought of that, new radiator has different size cooler threads and won't accept the fittings i am trying to disconnect.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 14 days ago.

Cant say I have run into that,hopefully its the correct radiator.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I checked to make sure it was the right radiator. Different make, probably why.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for trying. Its to bad things did not work out. I see that I am being billed the $28 for a satisfied customer. I'm sorry I am not satisfied and refer back to the initial agreement. "
Your satisfaction is our #1 priority.
If you are not satisfied for any reason, you get your money back. No questions asked. "Thanks for trying.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?