Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2001 F-150 209,000 miles ... major loss of power last

Customer Question

2001 F-150 209,000 miles ... major loss of power last Saturday evening ... AAA tow home .. code stated #4 cylinder bad ignition coil ... I replaced it ... then code stated O2 sensor rich work switch P1132 ... replaced it sensor today ... still no joy ... I drove it 1.2 miles to Firestone Service Center ... they worked on it for 75+ minutes ... they advised me they couldn't execute repairs ... possible timing chain problem ... they got codes stating problem with all cylinders on right bank ... no charge ;) and I am considering donating this truck I purchased 10 days ago to NPR.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, included information in my reply to Ron
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

• I am sorry no one has helped yet in return for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I believe I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Can you do a compression test to see if it has jumped time?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 18 hours ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris