Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Looking at two mustangs. A 2003 with 80k miles and a 2007

Looking at two mustangs. A 2003 with 80k miles and a 2007 with 130k. Both bodies in excellent shape. My question to you, an experienced ford tech, as I am going to check them both out what should I look for? Any common problems with these cars? This car wouldnt be a daily driver, more of an occasional pleasure dribe. Thank you

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Do both Mustangs have the 4.6 engine?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm sorry yes both are the 4.6. Just looking for any common deal breakers there could be among these cars

Unfortunately I can not give you any reason for a deal breaker. The Mustang with the 4.6 is one of the best cars Ford has made. There are no reported issue with any of them. The 4.6 is a well tested engine with no issues as well Both of these cars will make you a great car. That being said I would advise you to have a pre-purchase inspection done from top to bottom by a trusted mechanic just to be sure there are no issues before you purchase either one.