Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

2007 f350 diesel. intermitent problem. throttle pedal has no

2007 f350 diesel . intermitent problem . throttle pedal has no control. engine starts and rpms drop to stall out. an houror so later seems fine. I do have acouple of injectors that should be replaced but would like to correct both issues at same time. I did take it to the dealer but it would not put a foot wrong .$ 380.00 . Mechanic tried butcould not diagnose.HELP.
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2007. serviced last spring. not a daily driver.
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no.went t odealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dont think so

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

When it fails have you had the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
standing by

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the mechanic did that. no codes and he was not able to repeat he failure.He had it for three weeks.

Okay well unfortunately with out any fault codes Im not sure I can do anything as well. I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone may have something to add.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok .Maybe someone has seen this before.

Is it harder to start the cooler the weather is? Does it start and run fine once it is warmed up?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It starts well enough when cold .Once warmed up it runs well, however as mentioned there area couple of injectors that should be replaced.

if you have a couple of bad injectors, there may be one or more that is sticking open, this allows combustion pressure back into the fuel stalling, I would replace the two bad injectors and that may fix your problem. I would have a Ford dealer run an enhanced injector balance test on the engine when it is cold and first started, this will show any injectors that are getting weak as well.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for your answer. I have been considering doing all eight injectors since thelabour to access them is the same as just doing two or three. further the ones in question are 3,4,5, so I am into both banks.Would it make sense to change the fuel rail pressure sensor at the same time as I am having a problem with that on a 2010 in the fleet.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks Ron and Ray. Sorry , I dont seem able to access the rating s bar it wont let me post. I am giving you both good to excellent. DES.

I wouldn't change the sensor unless it is leaking oil externally or the reading is high with the engine off and key on. It should read .18 to .23 volts wit the engine off and key on with 0psi.

Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience: 30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech