Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2007 escape heater issue. Fan 1 or 2 provides heat - fan

Customer Question

2007 escape heater issue. Fan 1 or 2 provides heat - fan position 3 or 4 blows cold air
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: coolant level in res is over full by me, not needed before I added more 50/50. I had engine at op temp in friends garage shine flash light across top of engine compartment no leak detected
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. diversion cable assembly on housing is work ok from visual inspection. plugged gaps in housing joints between housing units. It seems like the A/C is going into DEF and floor vents when on high
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Heater makes chirping sound, but no fan impeller contact to housing
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Where is my answer? your popup said "mechanic is standing by with answer, just send deposit"
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 13 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Set the blower speed to 4, full heat, dash vents. With the engine running and no heat coming out are the heater core hoses very hot or cold?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ChrisI needed to get my heater problem fixed last weekend and I felt that the email lag time was to much. So I researched on the internet and found several possible things to try, one of which worked. Thank you for trying though. I have canceled my free trial and I do not need yours or Just answers help and answers.Daniel Macdonald

Thanks for the update.