Craig Manning
Craig Manning,
Experience:  High Level- Senior Technician at Firestone Complete Auto Care
97029787

I have a Ford XR 6 Ute. The vehicle was recently involved in

Customer Question

I have a Ford XR 6 Ute. The vehicle was recently involved in a front on collision (not my fault) The vehicle was stationary when impacted. The vehicle has been repaired but the insurance company have advised me that the Air Conditioning unit is no longer functional. The AIR Conditioner was fully operational at the time of impact. Whilst the Air Conditioner was not directly impact could the force of the impact effect the Air Conditioner. Insurance Company are saying that it is not covered.
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: dosen't work at all
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 XR 6 Ute
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no and i asked if the impact could have effected the Air Conditionert
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Craig Manning replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . My name is ***** ***** I'm here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

The A/C Condenser is located at the front of the car in front of the radiator assembly, and is very easily damaged during a front end collision. Your vehicle also has a low refrigerant shut off function to keep from damaging the compressor. If the body shop did not replace a leaking or damaged condenser or did not recharge the system when it was replaced it could cause your A/C not to work.

If you wish to request and contact me over the phone (by requesting a phone call) I would be better able to assess and evaluate the situation as well as the next steps you should take to resolve your issue. I'm confident that I can put you of the right track to getting your vehicle back into the proper running (and cooling) order!