Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Fan and temperature control works in steering wheel but the

Customer Question

Fan and temperature control works in steering wheel but the controls in the dash dozen work
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 13 days ago.

Hi Im David, have you checked fuses yet?

what size engine? 5.4 or 4.6?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
5.4 and dash shows temperature readings but you can't control it from dash

ok, thanks, ***** ***** a movement to look up some information

try this DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING (Continued)
• To enter the self-test, press the OFF and floor buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTO button within two seconds. The display will show
a dashed line in the center of the climate control display window of the integrated control panel (ICP).

• The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed. The self-test is completed when 888 appears in the center of the climate
control display window of the ICP.

• To exit the self-test and retain all intermittent Air Temperature Powertrain DTCs, press the ‘‘—’’ (cooler) side of the TEMP Sensor Circuit Control/Emissions
button. The RCC module will exit the self-test High Diagnosis(PC/ED)and retain all intermittent DTCs.

• To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the front defrost button. All RCC module DTCs will be cleared.

• Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned off).

Expert:  david craig replied 11 days ago.

just checking in to see how its going

Expert:  david craig replied 10 days ago.

.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

This is going to be a faulty climate control head in the dash where you make climate control changes.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris