Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

No heat, Coolant is fine let the car run for 20 minute but

Customer Question

No heat
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: Coolant is fine let the car run for 20 minute but coolant was flowing in and out of the overflow
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2000, Ford Taurus
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing really expected filling the overflow to see if it was moving
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you

These vehicles have very common issues involving lack of heat, but before I make assumptions, I want to make sure that you aren't having any overheating problems.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok what could be the issue for no heat
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You have any ideas why
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not overheating

Sure, these vehicles are very susceptible to clogged heater cores; this is mostly due to the design of coolant flow through the heater core. The heater core is located behind the dashboard and is very difficult to access, but the heater hoses that feed it are located under the hood and are not very difficult to get to. The way to check for a clogged heater core is to start the engine and let it get to operating temperature and once it has, check both the hoses that go into the firewall for even, hot temperature. If the heater core is clogged, one hose will be hot and the other will be cool to the touch; or they will both be cool to the touch. If this is the case, the good news is that you can usually flush out the heater core and avoid removing the dashboard for replacement. To flush out the heater core, all you need to do is remove both of these hoses using pliers and then flush in both directions with a water hose until it comes out clear.

Do you have any questions about the suggestions I have made?

Hi this is Josh checking in to see if you still have any questions.

*please remember to take a moment and rate my service using the star rating system above. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi, this is Josh checking in again...do you still have any questions? If not, please take a minute and rate my answer. This is the only way we are recognized as experts. Thanks!

Hi, this is Josh checking in again. Do you have any more questions regarding your issue?

Hi, this is Josh checking in once more. If you are still in need of assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. If not, please take a moment and rate my answer using the star rating system above. A positive rating is the only way that we are compensated as experts.