Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

Ford Edge 2013, key fab has not been working consistently

Customer Question

Ford Edge 2013, key fab has not been working consistently the past few day. The car says "no key detected," even if I am in the car. I have to use the keyfob to unlock the doors or hit the keyfob against my hand to get it to work. At the gas station, I turned the car off and I could not get it to start again. The No Key Detected was flashing. I removed the key from the keyfob and inserted it in the center consol right above the insert for the entire keyfob to fit to start the car. The car would not start. No key detected was flashing. I opened the door and the alarm went off and it asked me to start the car to turn off the alarm. The would not start. The lights are flashing. It would not shift to neutral for a tow either. At this time, I can't get the key out of the consol. Please help
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- Have the key fob tested ,using a ford scaner , you can test key battery, and signal strength and the syn to the car

2- Do you have one or 2 keys , try the other ,same thing happens

3- If that don't solve it , take it and have it scanned with factory scanner or equivalent that can communicate with Anti-theft module to see what is at fault here , the module, the antenna, the receiver, transmitter , the key etc..

5- Basic stuff, u need to check , battery has 12 volts.

6- alternator charging 14 plus volts when the car is running if checking with a voltmeter at battery

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 days ago.

Hey how are you

Happy Thanksgiving

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat