Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

On a 2005 Ford Taurus, where is the 7.5 A fuse located

Customer Question

On a 2005 Ford Taurus, where is the 7.5 A fuse located associated with the AC/Heater function selector switch.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: One is under dash on drivers side and the other one is under the hood in front of radiator, right?
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced temp. control switch as well as blend air door actuator and still don't get cold and warm air. Air temp. is the same throughout rotation of temp. control knob.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The shaft on the new actuator does not rotate when ignition turned on and temp. knob or selector knob turned.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 11 days ago.

HI,

I need the vin number to pull schematics and fuse layouts.

Does your have manual or automatic/digital climate controls

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The vin number is *****
The controls are manual, you have to physically turn the control knobs. In one of your responses yesterday, you said "unfortunately there are no fuses to check or replace". In a later response you mention "check fuse 10 (7.5A). I am confused as I do not have a 7.5A fuse anywhere. I would love to find a BURNED out 7.5A fuse as that may resolve my problem.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 11 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** me see if I can help, I will look for a fuse for you or I may be able to look at a wiring diagram.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 11 days ago.

It appears the Ford website is down, I will keep trying to find this information or I can opt out and see if there is someone with a alldata account that can help, would you like me to opt out or keep trying? I have no idea how long the web site will be down, I suspect it maybe through the evening and possibly tomorrow also.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 11 days ago.

Let me know, thanks Scott

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I guess I will wait for a phone call and hopefully get an answer that will solve my problem. So far I have responded to a Shawn, an Eric and now a Scott. I expect that three experts will solve my problem. I believe you all should know by now what my problem is and what I have done so far. Thanks, ED
Expert:  Scott W. replied 11 days ago.

You are only dealing with me, Scott W at this point, all the others have opted out, I will keep trying to find the answer, but since the ford website is down I have no idea how long it will be.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 11 days ago.

I am going to opt out as I cannot get access to the information I need.

Expert:  david craig replied 11 days ago.

Hi Im David, let me see if i can find that information for you.

3.5 engine?

there isnt a 7.5 amp fuse for that.

Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 11 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll see what I can do here...I feel like I need to first apologize for your having to wait and go through so many experts. I must say that sometimes it can be very difficult to give the right answer in what amounts to a chat room when there is such a loss of translation at times. I have been dealing with customers and explaining things for quite some time now so I think we may be able to help one another...

Let me continue by asking if you are able to find the following buttons on the front of your panel, as they will be used in our procedure: "OFF", "FLOOR", and "AUTO".

Are you still looking for help with this problem? I would love to assist you if you are...