Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The alternator on my 2002 ford fails 20 second after a new

Customer Question

the alternator on my 2002 ford fails 20 second after a new one is installed-battery is good-3.0 2valve engine
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: ii said the battery was good
JA: What is the model of your '02 Ford?
Customer: se
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. i have instaled 2 alternator (both tested good) after running for 20 seconds the alt lite comes on and the alternator tests bad
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 15 days ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. you need to check the wiring at the connector to the alternator. ill get you a print as soon as you tell me what model the 02 ford 3.0 is.......

Expert:  david craig replied 13 days ago.

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

I assume this is a Taurus?

We need to do some wire testing on the wires to the alternator, do you own a volt meter?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris