Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 99 explore that every 3rd time I go to start it it

Customer Question

I have a 99 explore that every 3rd time I go to start it it will not start tell I hard lock the doors is this the anti lock system
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: New battery new cables
JA: What is the model of your '99 Ford?
Customer: Xls
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and no I have taken it to a dealer ship they tried to program a new key tge key didn't work
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Is there an aftermarket alarm on the vehicle?

You try to start the vehicle, it will not crank, then you do what with the locks?

If the theft light is flashing when trying to start and it fails then yes it is related to the PATS system.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris