Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I've got a 1989 ford f150 with 351w when its cold it will

Customer Question

I've got a 1989 ford f150 with 351w when its cold it will not start. It crank over really good' But if you put a heater under it it will finally start. After it finally start it will start the rest of the day.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: YES THE BATTERY CRANKS IT OVER PRETTY GOOD EVEN HOOK A BATTERY CHARGER TO IT. DIDN'T HELP ANY.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started this about a week ago' Replaced dis. cap rotor plugs fuel filter.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 17 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure (32 to 45 PSI) . If you can check each one of these things when it will not start and post back with which one you are lacking I will see if I can help you determine the cause.