AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Some one tried to jimmy the door and screwed up the lock.

Some one tried to jimmy the door and screwed up the lock. The door won't open the electronic opener. what do you advise ??
JA: What year is your Jimmy?
Customer: No its a f=For Explorer 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Jimmy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its not a jimmy I think some tried to jummy the door lock
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes how to open the door will that over ride the kill swiitch

Hello. Are you able to unlock the door with the key still?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No can't get the key in the door

The lock cylinder is damaged as well? Ok, hopefully you are able to open the door?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am not at the car, we'll be going over to the location with in the next hour. so if there is a simple go ahead an send to me via this method
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
that is a simple solution

There's no simple "trick" or anything that I have to give you. If the lock cylinder is damaged and not allowing you to insert the key, and the power locks won't unlock the door, then hopefully you are able to unlock the door from the inside and open the door so the door panel can be removed and the inside of the door visually inspected to find the damage done by the slim jim, and the lock cylinder replaced.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok I understand, Chances something was broken off in the lock, from what I can gather from my son he can get the key part way in the lock I have some very small instruments and will use them to check out that possibility

im thinking that someone probably did try to use something in the lock cylinder, failed and damaged the cylinder, then used a slim jim and caused damage to the linkage or wiring inside the door. I guess it's lucky that the individual wasn't a very good car thief. Once the interior panel is removed, you'll know exactly what happened.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
OK thank for the help have a good evening

Your welcome.