Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron, no heat in the cab, thermostat is good and the coolant

Customer Question

hi Ron, no heat in the cab
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: thermostat is good and the coolant level is good
JA: What year is your Cab?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about a month ago i replaced the cooling in it, after that i have been getting no heat inside the cab
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Martin,

What make and model is your 2010?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ford Ranger 2.5 TDCI 2010
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
FORD RANGER XL 4X4 TDCI 2010
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

With the engine running and warmed up and the heater on if you place your hand on the heater hose at the fireball where they connect are both hoses getting nice and hot?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the holes on this one has one at driver side and one at passenger side, the one on the driver side get hot but the passenger one is cool / warm
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If there is air in the systems how can i get it out?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

If both hoses are not evenly hot then you are likely dealing with trapped air. The best way to bleed this system is with a vacuum bleeder. See if you can get your hands on one of these. There commonly used here in the states for bleeding and I would assume they are there as well. See the link below.

http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDisplay.cfm?lookup=MITMV4533&source=froogle&kw=MITMV4533&gclid=Cj0KEQiA08rBBRDUn4qproqwzYMBEiQAqpznswoNIbYdzk4SXb50o5ChvUhrulBTaH9mf_4bvEYEHgYaAmWt8P8HAQ

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok will try this out tonight, thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.