Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2002 f150 has a bad alternator which killed the battery I

Customer Question

My 2002 f150 has a bad alternator which killed the battery I charged the battery and bought the alternator I planned to switch the alternator at my home about 5 miles from where it sits when I put the battery back in and started the truck everything was fine idled fine started right up but put in drive and hit the gas and it stuttered and sounded and felt like it was not getting fuel please help!
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 20 days ago.

Hi Im David. so you didnt change the alternator yet? do you have a multi meter with you?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
no i don't own one
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
are you able to tell the answer with out a phone call and 26 more dallors ?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
do you know ? and you want me to call you and give you more money , that's what this is about you don't really know do you whats wrong or how to fix.
Expert:  david craig replied 19 days ago.

i didnt offer the call man. the site does that automatically!

i need you to check voltages, how in the world do i know whats wrong with your vehicle unless i know what certain components are reading??

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
check what voltages ? where ? on what ?

good day to you. i will let another tech help you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
thanks, if everyone understood what you supposedly know about there cars than we wouldn;t have a forum like this Your not to good with folks and you did;t help me at all. poor rating Good Day To You