Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

We were on the freeway and the car lost all power scary, it

Customer Question

we were on the freeway and the car lost all power scary
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it finally came back on but we were in the fast lane with children and the car literall shut down on our way to vacation no less
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: an expedition 2012 model
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we got to our destination gonna go to a ford dealer tomorrow here in Carlsbad, ca
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ya! dude we could have been killed
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is the answer?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Most common cause is a faulty throttle body, it will shut down the vehicle if there is a problem. You need to get the codes scanned at the dealer to verify. Could be a faulty sensor in the gas pedal as well. There is also a tsb for faulty wiring. A code scan is the first step which will be done at the dealer tomorrow. This is not a common problem.

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks