Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

On my 2005 stx f150the red brake light is on. ihave good

Customer Question

on my 2005 stx f150*****the red brake light is on . ihave good brakes. does this system have an external equalizer valve. thanks Jack
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: the level is good idont know if the fluid was ever changed but I have replaced the callipers and bled them.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am repairing it. ihave checked the park brake switch fluid level switch by jumpering connector with 5 amp fuse and the light stays on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i recently changed the dash gage assembley because there werw some lights that did not work and the brake light was one of them.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a wiring diagram for the brake light circuit?