Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I'm having a prob with my 2004 F250 XL. When towing a

Customer Question

I'm having a prob with my 2004 F250 XL. When towing a trailer I have brake n turn lights but no running lights any suggestions
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 20 days ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

I am assuming you have the 5.4 in your pickup. if you have the diesel let me know, the wiring may be different.

1. Check operation of vehicle tail lights for correct and repair if needed.

2. Check fuse F1.10 (20A) for good.

3. Remove relay 2240 from Central Junction Box (CJB) and check relay socket terminals for correct function.
a) terminal 3 should be B+ from fuse f1.10 at all times.
b) Terminal 2 should be B+ from Head Light switch when lights are turned on.
c) Terminal 1 should be a good go round.
d) Terminal 5 is the output of the relay to the trailer connector through the Brown/White.

4. If testing of terminals is good, jump terminal 3 to 5 and check for B+ at the trailer connector. If voltage is present, replace the relay and check for proper operation.

5. If no voltage present, trace to locate the open circuit in the Brown/White between the fuse box and trailer connector.

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.

Thanks

Sonny

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am sorry i missed your request. I had to step out for a bit. Do you still want the phone call? or just text help?

Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 15 days ago.
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny