sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

1993 f250 7.3 starts, runs well, but after turning off

Customer Question

1993 f250 7.3 starts, runs well, but after turning off emgine and returning 15 min later it starts, misses runs 1 sec about 3 feet in drive then kills. upon re-engaging starter the engine vibrates fast without starting then 10 or more attempts starts and runs normally. I happened three times out of 15 in the past week and never when cold- problem then
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: no starte is fine
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the problem began when I put very lo cost fuel in it and ran for 150 miles then stpooed at a store.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What you're describing is very likely to be caused by a fuel concern. These symptoms are often caused by vapor lock due to a weak fuel pump check valve but if this started after putting some questionable fuel in the tank then fuel quality is very suspect and the first thing that should be addressed.

Was the tank filled with that fuel and some is still present in the tank?