Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 1993 Ford F - 150302 with AOD transmission, I have

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Ford F - 150*****302 with AOD transmission, I have replaced the flex- plate and torque converter. It does not want to start in park so when I start it in neutral if I shift in reverse it kills the engine Everytime. I have replaced the neutral safety switch no help it will shift into drive but does not want to pull it self real good without chatter. Help
JA: Do you have the torque specs?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is a F 150 pickup
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring to the neutral safety switch and transmission for any issues.If any issues are found with the wiring they will need repaired to resolve this here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete