Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

2003f250 v10 would not start do I use some starter fluid to

Customer Question

2003f250 v10 would not start do I use some starter fluid to start assuming it was the fuel pump replaced it vehicle started running for about an hour shut it off started go to the store died will not restart right at home checked all fuses started up ran for about half hour died won't restart
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

With the condition occurring and no fuel pressure verified you will need to check for power at the inertia fuel pump cut off switch on the green/yellow and the pink/black wires while cranking the engine. If no power present then the most common cause is a failed fuel pump relay in the interior fuse box. The relay is integrated into the fuse box and is not serviceable separately. The fusebox will need to be replaced if no power to the inertia switch. Sometimes you can hit the fusebox with the side of your fist while cranking the engine and it will cause the relay to start working temporarily.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 14 days ago.

Hello again,

Just checking in to see if you need further assistance. If you are satisfied with your answer, please respond with "I am satisfied with your answer" or "your answer helped". I will then forward that response to the site admin so my feedback can be updated.

Thanks!

Kenny Z