AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

When I turn the ignition I get only one click. Battery is

Customer Question

When I turn the ignition I get only one click. Battery is good, lights strong but only one click. It is a 2002 Mustang GT Convertible.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Sound was at first hard to tell as it was on right side top of motor. I think it is down on lower area near starter.
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Getting ready to go out now and double check connection and get it up on stands. Possibly solenoid?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's fine
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 21 days ago.

Have you checked battery voltage going to the starter motor? If not, this is your next step. YES, it could be a bad starter provided the engine is not locked up. It could also be a bad engine ground, but that is not very common. It most likley is just a faulty starter motor.

Hope this helps!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
The car only has 62000 miles and is in mint condition. Moor couldn't possibly be locked up and starter doesn't even move. All it does is one click, power is fine in vehicle. Solenoid possibly before startrr?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 21 days ago.

YES, sir. I would agree! However, I would just double check there is full battery voltage to the starter solenoid before replacing it.

Customer/p>
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 19 days ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!