Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Need to replace the crank sensor on my 2001 ford f150 5.4

Customer Question

need to replace the crank sensor on my 2001 ford f150 5.4 and I'm not sure where it is.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford F150 . Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 21 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for holding!

The crankshaft position sensor is located on the front, lower section of the engine, to the passenger's side of the crankshaft pulley. To gain access, the A/C compressor will need to be unmounted and set aside. Once removed, best access will be from under the vehicle, working upwards. For an image location view, click here:https://goo.gl/nS0rYx

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.