Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2002 f550, 7.3 turbo doing the same thing as the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 f550, 7.3 turbo doing the same thing as the question below, a ford certified garage worked on it for 91+ hours and never did find the problem, did the person below every find out what was wrong with his 02 f550 7.3 turbo
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 15 days ago.

Hi Im David, i have no reference to what other persons problem you are referring to

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
my truck runs fine, however while you are driving down the road it will go to an idle mode, no check engine light comes on, sometimes if you let off the throttle and hit it again it will respond, sometimes you have to shut truck off and start again and it will respond, as i stated a ford certified dealership had many many hours in it and gave up, twice they sent the computer out for rebuilding and once I bought one from another dealer all to no avail, they replaced the throttle pedal ass. 3 times, they replace all sensors. basically they just kept throwing new parts at it!

put an international brand crank sensor in it. do not use factory sensor!!

Expert:  david craig replied 14 days ago.

do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
will bet back to you as soon as i receive the new sensor and try it on Monday, thank you and have a great weekend

you too

Expert:  david craig replied 11 days ago.

any luck with the new sensor?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Do you still need assistance with this possible IDM or APPS concern?

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
okay, finally got a new international sensor(you said crank but they only had listing for cam sensor), I put it in and still does not function properly. while driving down the road it the engine does not quit it just goes to an idle, sometimes if you let off the throttle pedal and then step on it againe it will rev up and go other times you have to completely shut the truck off and then start it up again to get it to rev up. road conditions have no affect on this problem, i drove it 6 miles and it messed up 15 times! only once did the check engine light come on, the rest of the time it would just idle down with no indication lights or any warning. what next!! rpms seem to have no effect on it acting up as it did it at different rpms.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
international sensor made no difference at all
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 days ago.

The previous tech opted out, which is the same tech you have responded to with your last comments. Since the check engine light has come on. Do you know which codes are stored?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
there are no codes showing at all and I had a mechanic stop over with his computer and he also confirmed that no codes showing
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 days ago.

While monitoring the APPS does it ever show that your not applying throttle when you in fact are? If so, since the sensor is new, we need to check the wiring to and from the APPS. Are you going to be working on the vehicle yourself?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i will be working on it myself, i will check the APPS tomorrow

Super, let me know if any diagrams or such would help.