Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

The gauges not working, 2009 f450, Yes Just starting to

Customer Question

The gauges not working
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2009 f450
JA: Are you fixing your F450 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes Just starting to trouble shoot
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the engine is operating properly and the transmission is shifting properly with this fault here and if you have checked and made sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse panels this may be an issue with the instrument cluster/gauge assembly itself needing replaced or repaired by an authorized repair facility.I have seen these fail/act up before like this here requiring the cluster to be repaired or replaced.

The first thing that should be done here though is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set with this fault here.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate the issue.This needs done with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.I do suspect a possible instrument cluster fault as this is usually most common.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete