Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a ford transit which got into an accident. I do I

Customer Question

Hi, I have a ford transit which got into an accident. I do I repair B1877 code?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Transit. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Driver and passenger airbags went off
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 18 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This looks to be a drivers seat belt pretensioner fault code.This is usually due to the wiring or connection leading to the seat belt or buckle damaged or corroded needing repaired or replaced or an issue with the seat belt pretensioner itself needing replaced as an entire seat belt assembly.

Since the air bags went off most likely this pre tensioner went off needing replaced.The pre tensioner tightens the seat belt in a collision needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete