Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1996 Ford explorer with 284,000 miles on it. With

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Ford explorer with 284,000 miles on it. With the tire off, the right side front hub/ rotor, (the whole unit), will wiggle maybe a 1/4 inch when pushing/ pulling on the sides of the rotor. There was a broken sway bar end link that I've replaced. Any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like either the bearing in the hub rotor is bad or the hub nut on the spindle isn't tight enough.

Has the bearing been replaced recently?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
5 years ago
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."

Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

If you would like to continue here rather than by phone that's ok too. Let me know which you prefer.