Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I'm trying to attach a battery isolator to the positive

Customer Question

i'm trying to attach a battery isolator to the positive battery terminal on a 2006 diesel e350
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: if he can't answer my question do i get a refund?
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: oook deal
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mercedes-Benz E350 . Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: it' a ford econoline not mercedes it's also a diesel
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
it's a diesel econoline e350, and there's a side battery bank under the passenger door with a positive terminal i can see a ways down, but it's hexagonal with intermittent rings that are spaced in between
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
under the hood i can find the alternator plug into a power distribution box but not actually a battery
Expert:  Jeremy replied 24 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Sounds like you have the frame mounted battery. I am attaching instructions to get remove it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
is there any way to access the positive flow from the alternator without removing the battery box, i literally am just trying to attach a 2awg cable to the positive flow circuit through which i'll put a solenoid isolator. I could always remove the batery box, but i would prefer not too.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
this is how one chap accessed it although i'm not sure how, and he doesn't remember. there's only rubber there as far as i can tell
Expert:  Jeremy replied 24 days ago.

On that, pop the rubber cap, remove the 2 volts on each side of the hold down, use a 13 mm wrench and remove the battery cable hold down. Then install the isolator and go backwards from there. Other option is to install that on the starter cable at the starter. That is where all the power flows from on these vans. It all goes through the starter then to a voltage mount on the fuse box.

Depending on the isolator's job, you can mount it on the alternator cable if it is to keep from having spikes.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 12 days ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.