Ivan Alvarez
Ivan Alvarez,
Experience:  lead technician at Performance Tire and Automotive
96641215

The brake lights do not work on my Ford F250 Super Duty have

The brake lights do not work on my Ford F250 Super Duty have tried changing out the switch for x I have changed the jack twice if I jump it from the Jack I get brake lights but once the switch is put in I get nothing

If you plug in the switch and manually operate it by hand without installing it do the lights work?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no

What yr is your truck.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I just got back with you my truck is a 1999 I started to think that it may be the trailer brake actuator that was installed when I install the class 5 hitch but I don't know how to disconnect it to try that

Do you have a volt meter or test light?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did I used it along with a jump wire to check the plug when I jump pin the Jack I can get the lights to work change out the Jack anyway just in case the the fitting were worn

ok with the switch plugged in back probe the light green wire and operate the switch. If you don't get any voltage on this wire when closing the switch and you have constant voltage on the light green/red wire then you just have a defective switch.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will give it a shot in the morning

ok