Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Have a 1993 Ford E350 Van with a 460 V8 I am trying to smog.

Customer Question

Have a 1993 Ford E350 Van with a 460 V8 I am trying to smog. HC is great at about 35, CO is high at 1.70, CO2 is low at about 8 and O2 is high at 7. Now CO indicates a rich mixture and O2 indicates lean, but there is an air pump so that may be the cause of the high O2. I have checked ignition, new plugs and wires. Checked for vacuum leaks and found none. EGR is working as it should. Any thoughts from the smog experts?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

did you do an eec test koeo and koer any codes?

please let me know!!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

No codes, but the PIDs are a bit limited with my scanner. (Snap - on)

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

No Codes on either.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 18 days ago.

how is your timing ? is the timing chain stretched? please check !!