James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a Ford Explorer 2001 and when I try to turn the

Customer Question

I have a Ford Explorer 2001 and when I try to turn the engine on the car starts honking and then after a while it turns off...what could be the problem
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 24 days ago.
Hello, this is caused by an aftermarket alarm system that has been installed on this vehicle at one point. If you look under the dash relook for a cluster of random wires that doesn't look nice from the factory. You will need to remove it in order to correct your concern.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have to remove all the wire? Do I have to rewire any other wires?
Expert:  James replied 24 days ago.

You will need to unplug it for the most part. When you find all of the wires usually is it a violet wire and violet with a stripe that is a starter cut off. You will need to splice these two wires together so the starter interrupt is gone. Unplugging the module will work though to get you going.