tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

I put new slve cylinder in and now need to bleed it, ranger

Customer Question

I put new slve cylinder in and now need to bleed it
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: ranger xlt 1994
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fixing my self pump brake ond open blledvalve cose and let of brake
JA: Have you checked the fluids recently?
Customer: yes full
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 17 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

NOTE: Under normal conditions, disconnecting the clutch coupling will not introduce air into the system. However, if there appears to be air in the system, (spongy pedal, or insufficient bearing travel) the system must be bled. The largest portion of bleeding is carried out by gravity. REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION 1. Disconnect coupling at transmission with Clutch Coupling tool No. T88T-70522-A or equivalent by sliding white plastic sleeve toward clutch slave cylinder while applying a slight tug on clutch tube. 2. Clean dirt and grease from around the reservoir cap. 3. Remove cap and diaphragm, then fill reservoir to step with Heavy Duty Brake Fluid part No. C6AZ-19542-AA or -BA (ESA-M6C25-A) or equivalent. Brake fluid must be certified DOT 3 or 4 specification. 4. Using a screwdriver, depress internal mechanism of male coupling to open valve. While continuing to hold valve open, slowly depress and hold clutch pedal to floor. 5. Remove screwdriver from coupling, closing valve. Release clutch pedal. 6. Refill reservoir to level at step, then repeat Steps 4 and 5. 7. Close reservoir. Reconnect coupling to clutch slave cylinder. Check that connection is secure by applying a slight tug to clutch tube. 8. Stroke clutch pedal as rapidly as possible 5 to 10 times, wait one to three minutes, then repeat three more times. 9. Loosen bleed screw (located in clutch slave cylinder next to inlet connection), then depress and hold clutch pedal while tightening bleed screw. 10. Refill clutch master cylinder reservoir to level at step.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.