Ivan Alvarez
Ivan Alvarez,
Experience:  lead technician at Performance Tire and Automotive
96641215

2002 ford windstar mini van cruise control stopped working,

Customer Question

2002 ford windstar mini van cruise control stopped working
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: haven't checked the fuse, wouldn't have the first clue how to do that. size engine....3.8 L v6
JA: Are you fixing your Windstar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this is my first shot at trying anything. yes doing it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: idk never tried this before. i don't have anymore info besides it's not working and it was before
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ivan Alvarez replied 19 days ago.

Hello I'm going to look over a few wiring diagrams and I will get back to you with some info.

First think would be to check the fuses. Under the hood there is a fuse box on the drivers side. Check fuse marked f1.4. Also there is a fuse box inside on the drivers side. In this fuse box you need to check fuse marked f1.10. These are the power supply to cruise control.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
hello, i have not got a chance to look at the fuse box, but will do this after work today. i will let you know if that works or if i have any more questions, please keep our conversation going at this point until my issue with the 2002 Ford Windstar mini van cruise control stopping working.thank you
Expert:  Ivan Alvarez replied 18 days ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I found the fuse box inside the van. How do I know if the fuse is good or bad? I found the fuse box under the hood but no matter how hard I try to open it I can't get the cover off. Advice?
Expert:  Ivan Alvarez replied 17 days ago.

Do you have a test light?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No I don't. Do I need to get a test light?
Also how do I get that under the hood fuse box open? I tried squeezing every which way and watching YouTube videos to. I avail:(

There is a tab on one side just pull up on it and it should release. You can check them visually but it would be best with a test light to see if there is voltage going through.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Got the under the hood lid off. But which one is f1.4? And which one is f1.10 inside? See attached pics.
Expert:  Ivan Alvarez replied 16 days ago.

These fuses are going to be in the fuse box under the hood. On the lid you removed there should be a legend that shows the numbered locations. Usually on the inside of the lid.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is it 10 or 110?

If that's how they are labeled then it will e 110 and 14

Expert:  Ivan Alvarez replied 14 days ago.

Any new info?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, I'm sorry, I'm needing to borrow a light tester to see if the fuses work or not. That will take me a couple days, I will be in touch when I know if those need to be replaced.

ok