Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Ok, I have a 1998 F-150 XLT 4x4. 140,000.00 on it well kept.

Customer Question

Hi guys. Ok, I have a 1998 F-150 XLT 4x4. 140,000.00 on it well kept. Just got Oil change and a couple of others things worked on at the dealership 1st week of Oct.
don't drive it much. There was Nit a check engine light on when it went to dealer.
Emissions shop printed up rejection notice. All monitors that are supported are in not ready status. I drove around surface streets all day yesterday attempting to use my gas. Filled it up the day before.. down to 3/4.
Ran the drive cycle this am. Cold start, warm up with accessories on. Drove surface roads 25 mph. Then 30 to 40. Made stop. Did highway. 1/2 3/4 throttle. To 55. For 5 miles. Coast down off ramp.
More surface street driving. 40 mph.
Had checked an 1 1/2 later. Yellow light. Still not ready... Can anyone Help please??
More Drive Cycles??
Less gas??
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 22 days ago.

Hi Anthony, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What do you have for fault codes logged? If you dont have a way to read them Autozone will print out your codes. This will tell us what circuit the problem is in that needs repair. Let me know

If no check engine light on yet then it still needs to complete the drive cycles on its own or forced drive cycles to pass the states computer. It just means the vehicles computer has not completed all its self checks after a battery cable disconnect or fault code clearing.

there may still be no codes but state requirements are that all drive cycles or most need to be complete to allow it to pass.

Click on this link.

Drive cycles

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
No check engine light.
No fault codes..
How many cycles do you think this might take??

Sometimes it can be done in one if you follow the procedure to the T. Just to be safe run through the procedure 2 or 3 times and then recheck the computer did all its self tests

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
My truck year and this state will allow for 2 or less monitors in not ready status and still test.
I have 5 supported monitors. All not ready
Cat, Evap, O2,Egr, heated O2
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Ok. Thanks

Follow the procedure to the T or sometimes it will not complete... That odd that none completed though. see if that changes after a couple more tries going through the steps. Pleasure to help